Cathedral Academy Wakefield
Scale SO2 / PO1 (Points 26-30).
Actual salary: £25,249.88 – £28,012.06
Cathedral Academy formally joined Trinity Multi-Academy Trust in March 2018. The leadership team has embedded robust, clear systems and support to ensure that our team can focus on teaching and learning. There has been significant improvement over the last two years and the academy is now the highest performing academy in Wakefield and we have just been awarded the prestigious TES Secondary School of the Year Award!
As well as achieving great academic success, the academy’s reputation and popularity is growing. As part of its broad and balanced curriculum, we offer CAPA Juniors, a programme for students who show aptitude and commitment to the Arts.
We are now seeking to appoint an Education Welfare Officer to join our friendly and inspirational pastoral team. You will work to reduce student absence across the academy by leading the delivery of attendance strategies.
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- A first class behaviour for learning system
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- An excellent CPD package for all staff
- A range of staff benefits including access to the West Yorkshire Pension fund, health scheme and cycle to work scheme.
What are we looking for?
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of successfully working with identified disaffected students
- Experience of monitoring and recording progress of learners
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.