Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
Actual starting salary range £12,582.48 to £12,833.92
Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge joined the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust in October 2018. Working closely with outstanding leaders from across the trust, the academy is characterised by its high aspirations and ambitions. Targeted and effective support systems have been implemented in order to create an environment where our students experience an outstanding education with no limit to what they can achieve.
GCSE results for 2018 were a validation of the work we had undertaken to transform the academy. These results mean the academy is now recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. As a result, this is a truly exciting time for the academy. We are determined to build on our initial success, increasing student numbers and constantly striving to serve our students better.
All of our initiatives require the expertise and commitment of dedicated staff and Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge now wishes to appoint a teaching assistant to support our students in achieving their goals. Following a recent review of the support we offer across the academy, we have identified a need to appoint a member of staff that will work both in and outside of lessons. In this role you would be employing interventions that ensure our students realise their potential. This might include working with students in:
- Class to support the classroom teacher
- Small groups working on speech and language interventions
- Small groups working on their social skills
- Ensuring students are ready for the next phase of their education by, for example, accompanying them on visits to a post-16 provision
This position may also be of interest to people who are interested in teaching. As part of the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust we have close links the Trinity Teaching School, which provides numerous routes into the profession.
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to help shape the transformation of Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced-cost health cover and childcare support
Our vision is to be the most transformational academy in England. If you would like to be part of our journey we look forward to hearing from you.