Careers and Co-Curricular Lead
37 hours per week, Term Time Only (plus 5 days)
Salary: Scale 4 – 6 (points 7-22)
Actual salary £16,797 – £22,808 per annum (starting salary negotiable and dependent on experience)
Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge is a new academy that has been part of the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust since October 2018. Our GCSE results over the last two years have validated the work we have already undertaken in the academy and the results our students have achieved means the academy can now be recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. However, we are determined not to rest on our laurels and are always looking for ways to better serve our students.
All of these fantastic and exciting initiatives require the expertise and commitment of dedicated staff and Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge now wishes to appoint a Careers and Co-Curricular Lead who is passionate about improving the outcomes for our students once they leave the academy at 16.
As a new position, this is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of our students, helping to raise aspirations and awareness of post-16 choices, identifying the most appropriate pathway for every student.
To succeed in this role you need to:
- Be a strong communicator
- Have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with staff, students and parents
- Identify and work collaboratively with relevant external agencies and businesses, using your initiative to establish suitable work experience and training opportunities for our students
- Be self-motivated and proactive, able to prioritise your own workload to ensure effective work experience and work-related learning programmes are implemented to motivate pupils and raise achievement and aspirations
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to help shape the transformation of Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced-cost health cover, childcare support and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
What we need:
- 5 or more GCSE’s at grade C or above, including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Evidence of experience in a role working with young people, or with demonstrable skills in developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders to improve outcomes and aspirations
- Well-developed time management, planning and organisational skills
- A Level 6 Careers qualification is desirable but by no means essential – for the right candidate we can support you in achieving this
Knowledge or experience of working in an educational setting is desirable but not essential; we believe in getting the right people into our organisation. Training specific to an educational setting can be provided as required.
Our vision is to be the most transformational academy in England. If you would like to be part of our journey we look forward to hearing from you.
For candidates interested in learning more about opportunities available at Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge, we will be hosting a remote open evening on Tuesday 2 June 2020 at 5:30pm. If you would like to participate in this open evening please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 9am Monday 8 June 2020
Interviews:Week commencing 22 June 2020
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.