Trinity Academy Halifax
31 hours per week, term time only (plus 5 days)
Scale 5 (Points12-17)
Actual Salary: £17,787 – £19,492 per annum
Trinity Academy Halifax is the outstanding flagship school in the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust.
The academy has a relentless focus on improving and being the very best we can be for the students in our care. Our ambition is to provide students with the values, experiences and academic achievements that open doors to them regardless of their starting points.
This has led to our students achieving record-breaking GCSE results, and in 2019 we were accredited with World Class School Status.
We are now looking for a Cover Supervisor to join our Team. The role of Cover Supervisor demands flexibility and initiative, as you will be required to supervise students to complete planned work during the absence of their usual teacher. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates looking to start their career in teaching, or to build on previous teaching experience.
What we need?
- 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including Math’s and English (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching (or other relevant learning environments), covering groups or whole classes
- Basic experience of assessing student progress
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to prioritise workload, handle pressure and deadlines, without the need for supervision
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated and friendly team
- The opportunity to work with a progressive and forward thinking, Multi Academy Trust, where you are making the difference to the lives of hundreds of young people
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Range of benefits including reduced cost health cover, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start Date: January 2023
Closing date: 9am, Friday 9 December 2022
Interviews: To be confirmed
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.