Trinity Academy Halifax
31 hours per week, term time only (plus 5 days)
Scale 5 (Points12-17)
Actual Salary: £16,107 – £17783 per annum
Trinity Academy Halifax is the outstanding flagship school in the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust and the lead school in the Trinity Institute of Education. In 2019 the academy was awarded the World Class Schools quality mark. The academy has a relentless focus on improving and being the very best we can be for students in our care. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching, provided within an environment led by our Christian values.
Our record-breaking GCSE results are evidence of the high academic achievements of our students, and are viewed as the pinnacle of the school’s success. Our Progress 8 scores place us consistently in the top 5% of all schools nationally (+0.59 in 2018 and +0.61 in 2019).
We are now looking for a Cover Supervisor to join our Team. The role of Cover Supervisor demands flexibility and initiative, as you will be required to supervise students to complete planned work during the absence of their usual teacher. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates looking to start their career in teaching, or to build on previous teaching experience.
What we need?
- 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including Math’s and English (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching (or other relevant learning environments), covering groups or whole classes
- Basic experience of assessing student progress
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to prioritise workload, handle pressure and deadlines, without the need for supervision
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated and friendly team
- A chance to change the lives of young people from deprived socio-economic backgrounds
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced cost health cover and childcare support
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 9am, Monday 27 September 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed
We would like to invite you to take a virtual look around our academy. You can listen to our teachers and leaders, find out more information about our curriculum areas, and explore the range of facilities. Visit our website now and experience what we have to offer!
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.