Deputy Year Manager
Trinity Academy Bradford
Deputy Year Manager
37 hours per week, Term Time Only, plus 5 days
Scale 5 (Points 12 – 17). Actual salary £19,225 – £21,225 per annum
Trinity Multi Academy Trust is proud to have transformed the life chances of thousands of pupils across its existing academies, and our core values of Empathy, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility run through all aspects of academy life. Our secondary academies consistently achieve academic results which place them in the top 10% of highest performing academies in the country and receive national and international recognition for the quality of their provision.
In February 2021, Trinity Academy Bradford was the fourth secondary school to join the Trust. This signified a fresh new start for the school, and this is an exciting time for all involved as the academy starts its journey of rapid improvement, which will see doors opened and opportunities created for both our students and staff alike.
Throughout our Trust we place an emphasis on and heavily invest in our pastoral support teams. We recognise that effective pastoral systems are the key to successful teaching and learning, and in supporting young people in achieving the best possible outcomes.
We are now seeking a Deputy Year Manager to join our newly restructured pastoral team. As Deputy Year Manager you will provide operational support to an assigned year group, raising the aspirations and self-esteem of students. Reporting into the Year Manager you will:
- support the day to day management of a year group by providing pastoral support to students, as directed by the Year Manager
- contribute towards the process and systems of self-review, student reviews and working with other staff and agencies who support students, to ensure effective communication concerning the maintenance of students’ wellbeing
- support the improvements of the pastoral system through contributing to the monitoring and evaluating the quality of form tutoring sessions, and student engagement, through data analysis, learning walks, surveys and other evaluation methods.
What we need:
- 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- experience of working in a busy organization and dealing with confidential matters
- experience of successfully working with young people (of a relevant age) and securing positive outcomes
- experience of working in an educational environment
- experience of using a range of IT
What we can offer:
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders from around the trust
- A first-class Behaviour for Learning system
- Excellent teaching resources
- Career progression and cross-trust working; as a high performing academy and a growing trust, we can offer real opportunities for growth and career development
- An excellent CPD package for all staff, including a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Trinity Institute of Education and West Yorkshire Maths Hub
- A range of staff benefits including reduced cost healthcare; cycle to work schemes, counselling service
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious, forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of academies.
To arrange a telephone discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: To be discussed at Interview
Closing date: Friday 29th October 2021
Interviews: W/C 1st November 2021
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.