Higher Learning Teaching Assistant (Alternative Provision)
Term time only – 35 hours per week
Scale 5 (Points 12-17)
Actual salary: £17,245 – £19,040 per annum
Trinity Academy Halifax is the flagship school in Trinity Multi-Academy Trust. The academy has a relentless focus on improving and being the very best we can be for students in our care. Our vision is to inspire each and every student to achieve their potential through high-quality teaching, provided within an environment led by our Christian values.
Our record-breaking GCSE results are evidence of the high academic achievements of our students and are viewed as the pinnacle of the school’s success. Our Progress 8 score places us consistently in the top 5% of all schools nationally and in 2019 we were accredited with World Class School status.
We are now seeking to appoint a Higher Learning Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our Alternative Provision team. Alternative Provision is crucial to the success of some of our vulnerable students and working under the direction of the Alternative Provision Co-Ordinator, you will provide learning support for a range of vulnerable students aged 11-16 years through the assessment of student needs, use of high level subject knowledge and specialist skills to deliver and support learning.
What are we looking for?
- 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C or above, including Maths and English.
- Experience of successfully working with young people (of a relevant age)
- Experience of working with young people with SEN
- Basic experience of planning, either for lessons or extra-curricular activities, and in assessing student progress
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders.
- Excellent teaching resources and world class facilities.
- A chance to change the lives of young people from deprived socio-economic backgrounds.
- An excellent CPD package for all staff.
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced cost health cover and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
|Start date: To be confirmed
Closing date: 9am; 06 July 2020
Interviews: To be confirmed
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.