Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge is a new academy that has been part of the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust since October 2018. Our GCSE results over the last two years have validated the work we have already undertaken in the academy and the results our students have achieved means the academy can now be recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. However, we are determined not to rest on our laurels and are always looking for ways to better serve our students.
All of these fantastic and exciting initiatives require the expertise and commitment of dedicated staff and Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge now wishes to appoint a Library Manager to:
- To be accountable for the library resources and the promotion of the library as a vibrant learning resource
- To work with teaching staff to develop the use of the library across the curriculum
- To work as part of the Literacy Team to promote reading across the academy
- Take a lead role in organising and promoting events with support the academy’s literacy strategy
- Advise and guide students in their choice of reading materials
- To liaise with all relevant staff to support students’ progress and overall development
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to help shape the transformation of Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- A range of staff benefits, including a Cycle to Work scheme, reduced-cost health cover, childcare support and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
What we need:
- 5 ore more GCSEs (or equivalent) at C or above including English and Maths
- Strong subject knowledge of literacy with a love of reading
- Basic experience of planning, either for lessons of extra-curricular activities
Knowledge or experience of working in an educational setting is desirable but not essential; we believe in getting the right people into our organisation. Training specific to an educational setting can be provided as required.
Our vision is to be the most transformational academy in England. If you would like to be part of our journey we look forward to hearing from you.
For candidates interested in learning more about opportunities available at Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge, we will be hosting a remote open evening on Tuesday 2 June 2020 at 5:30pm. If you would like to participate in this open evening please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 9am Monday 8 June 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 22 June 2020
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.