The current coronavirus pandemic has had a huge impact on our communities. Lockdown and restrictions on the number of children that can attend school has meant that for thousands of families, home schooling has become the norm. In spite of the best efforts from schools and parents to ensure education has continued, the reality is that for many children, their education has suffered, they have fallen behind and the will need additional and dedicated support to get them back on track.
As a Maths Tutor you will deliver high quality tuition to identified students within the school environment either in small groups or dedicated one to one intervention support in order to raise their level of attainment and ensure that they are given every opportunity to succeed.
This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference to the lives of children within your community, in ensuring that they aren’t put at an increased disadvantage as a result of this pandemic.
As well as the opportunity to ‘give something back’, Tutor roles are an ideal opportunity for an individual who is considering a career in teaching. Trinity Teaching School Alliance in a part of our trust and provides numerous routes into the profession.
You will be required to undertake work across our Trust however, if you have a preference for working at a particular school please indicate on your application form and at interview.
We can offer:
- A full and comprehensive training package. All successful candidates will be required to attend a two-week workshop delivered by Trinity Teaching School Alliance.
- Unrivalled support and opportunities to learn from the best practices from around the world.
- A Trust where teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- A range of staff benefits including reduced cost health care, cycle to work schemes and access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
What we need:
- Educated to degree level
- A Level (Grade C or above), or equivalent in Maths
- Experience of teaching / tutoring (or other relevant learning environments),
- Basic experience of planning, either for lessons or for extra-curricular activities
Start date: September 2020
Closing date: 5pm, Thursday 9 July 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 14 July 2020
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.