Trinity Academy Grammar
Trinity Academy Grammar is an ambitious and inclusive 11-16 school that, for the first time in the school’s history, is oversubscribed (with a waiting list) from September 2023. At the start of the new academic year, we will have over 1,000 students on roll; having grown this number from 650 when we first started. Since becoming part of the Trinity Multi-Academy Trust, Trinity.
Academy Grammar has had a plethora of successes. In February 2023 Ofsted graded the academy as good with outstanding features in leadership and personal development. This followed being awarded the World Class School mark in 2021. These transformational changes mean that it is an exciting time to join the academy, we are incredibly proud of our successes, and we are looking for the best people to work alongside our already committed team to continue our journey.
In 2018/2019, the results we achieved placed us within the top 1% of the most improved schools in the country, making us one of the highest-performing schools for progress in the Calderdale local authority. Aspirations and ambitions are high; however, the school is determined not to rest on its laurels and is continually striving for ways to better serve the students.
Trinity MAT is a high performing and successful cross-phase trust. The trust also collaborates extensively with schools across the country through the Trinity Institute of Education, West Yorkshire Maths Hub and White Rose Education initiatives.
Through this support and our world class CPD offer, you will receive professional development like no other both within the Academy and across the Trust. We are incredibly proud of the development we offer to all staff in our Academy, a model underpinned by educational research and deliberate practice, but for those joining us especially those in their early careers, the support is second to none.
”Leaders have ensured that all staff have the knowledge, training and support so that all pupils have the chance to succeed. Staff value the value the support and training they receive from school leaders and through the wider Trust. Staff know that leaders have their well-being at heart. That includes those at their early stages of their teaching career. Ofsted February 23
New Staff Induction
We have designed a bespoke package available to all new team members which is aimed at ensuring new staff to the Academy understand the context of the school and are fully trained and supported in understanding and embedding the school’s vision, systems and routines. This involves a plethora of activities across the first term including:
- A full induction day at the start of the year focused on policies, practices and routines and an introduction to key staff and their roles
- Weekly practice sessions throughout the first term focused on and embedding practices and routines
- Weekly 10 Minute Tips with an experienced coach focused on embedding classroom routines
- Full access to support materials including practice scripts and videos of best practice
The Thursday morning sessions have been informative and a useful opportunity to practise key routines. 95% agree / strongly agree
I have found the feedback provided by my 10 Minutes Tips coach useful and I have been able to act upon it. 100% agree / strongly agree
Staff Voice – October 23
When ECTs join us, they will be provided with a range of opportunities to support their professional development including a dedicated and trained mentor who is there to offer advice and guidance. Alongside the New Staff Induction Program, ECTs will be provided with the opportunity to experience:
- A mentor and a tutor to support their progress
- A weekly meeting with their mentor
- Access to StepLab to support their induction
- Our 10 Minute Tips program through the induction period not just the first term
- ECTs receive regular formal and informal feedback to support their development.
- ECTs receive a bespoke programme of induction with partner schools.
- ECTs receive training through the Ambition platform and ongoing support from the Kirklees and Calderdale Hub for their 2 year ECF programme.
As well continuing the ECT provision from year one, in order to bridge the gap between your first induction year and beyond, we have designed an additional bespoke CPD programme as part of our continuum of support. This programme aims to:
- create teachers who demonstrate expert subject knowledge, have a deep understanding of their curriculum and outstanding pedagogical practice
- prepare staff for future leadership opportunities
This programme gives Year 2 ECTs the following opportunities:
- Focus on developing outstanding pedagogical practice as well subject knowledge
- Identify a development focus which supports the development of the Y2 ECT whilst underpinning the development of the curriculum area in which they work
- Research the agreed focus with the support of their mentor
- Present the research and establish a development plan to put the identified focus into action
- Receive and engage with feedback provided on the agreed focus
The programme will culminate in Y2 ECTs be able to select a leadership task which is then published in the Trust’s educational journal, Spark.
To what extent do you feel supported by the ECT induction program here at TAG. 100% supported
I have found the feedback provided by my coach useful and I have been able to act upon it. 100% supported
The training I have received supports my mentoring role. 100% of mentors agreed
Staff Voice – October 23
If you would like to visit the academy or arrange a conversation with the Principal please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to be involved in the transformation of Trinity Academy Grammar
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- A first class behaviour for learning system
- Excellent teaching resources
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- An excellent CPD package for all staff, including a further comprehensive program of professional development provided through the Trinity Institute of Education, West Yorkshire Maths Hub and White Rose Education
- A range of staff benefits, including Employee Assistant Program, Cycle to Work scheme and reduced cost health cover
What are we looking for?
- A dynamic, passionate and inspirational Teacher
- A commitment to helping students achieve their potential
- A candidate with high expectations of themselves and others
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start date: September 2024
Closing date: 8am; 1st December 2023
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.