Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge
37 hours per week, Term Time Only (plus 10 days)
Salary: Scale 6 (points 18 – 22)
Actual Salary: £22,206 – £24,036 per annum
Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge is an ambitious and inclusive 11-16 school that has 800 pupils on roll and is over-subscribed in years 7, 8 and 9. Following a period of support from Trinity MAT, the school formally joined the Trust in 2018. There has since been significant improvement in outcomes, meaning the academy can now be recognised as one of the most improved schools in the country. Aspirations and ambitions are high; however, the school is determined not to rest on its laurels and is continually striving for ways to better serve the students.
All of our fantastic and exciting initiatives require the expertise and commitment of dedicated staff and Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge now wishes to appoint a Year Leader to provide pastoral support to students across the academy, ensuring that all learners are guided, as appropriate and that their progress is regularly monitored and reviewed.
The school is committed to providing outstanding pastoral care for its students and has invested significantly in establishing and developing a committed and hardworking pastoral support team, guided by the core values of Empathy, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, which permeate every aspect of school life.
We have already invested heavily in our pastoral team, which now includes the following positions:
- Three Senior Leaders with responsibility for pastoral care
- Education Welfare Officer
- Lead Attendance Officer
- Attendance Officer
- Attendance Administrator
- Family Intervention Worker
- Child Protection Officer
- Five Year Leaders (one vacancy)
- Behaviour Support Officer
- EAL Engagement Officer
All of the above positions are non-teaching, demonstrating our commitment to dedicate our pastoral staff to pastoral issues.
What can we offer you?
- Full support from a dedicated team of senior leaders and a large pastoral team
- A first class behaviour for learning system
- Career progression and cross-trust working
- An excellent CPD package for all staff
- A range of staff benefits, including access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of successfully working with young people (of a relevant age) and securing positive outcomes
- Experience of working in an educational environment
- A good knowledge of Behaviour for Learning strategies when dealing with challenging students
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
Start date: To be confirmed
Closing date: 9am Monday 26th April
Interviews: To be confirmed
Trinity Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer and want our staff profile to reflect the community we serve.